Raleigh is the third best large city to live in, according to a report by personal-finance website WalletHub.
The report evaluated the 62 largest United States cities based on 31 metrics, such as health and education system quality, tax burden, and economic growth. Raleigh earned a total score of 69.33, ranking 8th in livability, 8th in education, 15th in health and 2nd in local taxes and economy.
Raleigh is the third best large city to live in, according to personal-finance website… more
San Francisco and Seattle ranked 1st and 2nd on the list, respectively. Charlotte ranked 18th on the list.
Here's how Raleigh ranked in other metrics:
- Best cities to be a driver: 4th
- Best school system quality score: tied 2nd with San Diego, San Jose and Lexington
- Highest household income adjusted by cost of living: 2nd
- Most educated: 6th
- Percent of adults in excellent or very good health: 7th
- Job market: 11th
- Best large cities to start a business: 7th
WalletHub compared the cities with populations of more than 300,000 based on livability, education, health, and local economy and taxes. It evaluated these categories using the metrics, which were graded on a scale from 0 to 100, with 100 representing the most favorable living conditions.
Full Article HERE
Source: TBJ Raleigh/Durham